Photography workshops available in Australia:
BYRON BAY OCEANIC PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP – 2020
The art of ocean photography is like no other. It takes an awareness of the external elements and the ability to be able to read, understand and make the most of what’s going on beneath the surface. The challenge can be great, but the satisfaction when you nail that perfect shot is even greater.
Join me at an upcoming one day intensive ocean photography workshop in Byron Bay, where I will be covering all the fundamentals to take your photography to the next level. From camera settings and prepping your waterhousing through to practical sessions in the breaks of Byron Bay, you will walk away with a broad understanding of how to make the most of your time in the ocean.
Byron Bay, NSW
Saturday 8th February 2020
Over the course of the day we’ll be combining ocean based practice with classroom theory to give you the chance to make the most of your time. In summary, we’ll be covering the following:
- Review of cameras, lenses, housings and settings – what’s best to capture ocean images in different conditions and how to prep your gear.
- Technique intensive – before we hit the ocean we will spend time discussing image composition by reviewing a selection of pictures I have captured, the story behind them and how the outcome was achieved.
- Practical session in the ocean practicing the techniques learnt in the first half of the day (this session will be made up of either a trip to Julian Rocks, a kayak or a swim off main beach – exact activity is weather dependent and TBC closer to the event date).
- Post Production and Editing session and review of the day’s images.
You will be required to bring your own camera, water housing and snorkelling gear (mask, snorkel, wetsuit and towel). Light refreshments will be provided and lunch will be at your own leisure. Should weather conditions prevent us following the above schedule, alternative arrangements will be made.
For booking enquiries and to be notified of the next session please contact Craig Parry Photography HERE
With 15 years experience as a ocean and nature photographer, Craig has travelled to all corners of the world to capture the world from beneath the surface. He is a Global Ambassador for SONY, Aquatech and Cressi and his work regularly appears in publications including Australian Geographic, The Australian, White Horses, Tracks Magazine and Surfing Life.
Recent accolades include –
– 1st Pace – The Ghost – Competition: Golden Turtle International Photography Competition – Category: The Under Water World (2017)
– 1st Place – Life & Death – Competition: International Landscape Photographer of the Year – Category: International Landscape Photograph of the Year (2014)
– 1st Place – Fin Swipe – Competition: International Photographer of the Year – Category: Underwater Photograph of the Year (2014)
Proudly Supported by